Cookbook:Apple Potato Bread
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Apple Potato Bread|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Potato bread disks 400g (14.2 oz) potatoes (about two potatoes) 400 100% Knob of butter (1/4 cup) 56.75 14.19% 3/4 cup plain flour 93.75 23.44% Pinch of salt 0.38 0.09% Apple filling Three peeled medium/small apples (or two peeled large apples) 396-432 99-108% Two tablespoons sugar 25.2 6.30% Optional 1.5 tsp cinnamon 3.9 0.98% 1.5 tsp ground cloves 3.15 0.79% Formula 979.12-1015.12 244.78-253.78%
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Peel the potatoes and quarter them. Boil in water until the center is soft. Drain the water and then leave the potatoes in the hot pan to dry out then mash them until smooth.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it's crumbly. Add salt and then mix in mashed potatoes. Knead for a few minutes.
- Divide in half and roll into two rounds.
- Slice the apples and place in a pot, add the sugar (and cinnamon and cloves) and heat through for three minutes, remove from heat.
- Use the two disks of potato bread like a sandwich and place the apple mixture into the middle.
- Preheat a skillet pan with two tablespoons of oil and place the potato bread sandwich in it and cook for three minutes each side and serve straight away.
Conversion Notes[edit | edit source]
- Weight conversions from USDA National Nutrient Database. Original recipe text and ingredient order preserved, but grouped and titled per procedure section. Flour presumed as all purpose. "Pinch" defined as 1/16 teaspoon.
- Important: this series of percentages is based on potato weight, instead of flour weight. This means it is not following the strict definition of baker's percentages, but instead a looser definition of analogous to baker's percentages.