Cookbook:Apple Potato Bread
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Apple Potato Bread|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Potato bread disks Potatoes approx. 2 400 g 100% Butter ¼ cup 56.75 g 14.19% Plain flour ¾ cup 93.75 g 23.44% Salt Pinch 0.38 g 0.09% Apple filling Apples, peeled and sliced 3 medium/small or 2 large 396-432 g 99-108% Sugar 2 Tbsp 25.2 g 6.30% Optional Ground cinnamon 1½ tsp 3.9 g 0.98% Ground cloves 1½ tsp 3.15 g 0.79% Total 979.12-1015.12 g
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Peel the potatoes and quarter them. Boil in water until the center is soft. Drain the water and leave the potatoes in the hot pan to dry out. Mash potatoes until smooth.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it's crumbly. Add salt, and mix in the mashed potatoes. Knead for a few minutes.
- Divide dough in half and roll into two rounds.
- Combine sliced apples, sugar, cinnamon, and cloves in a pot. Heat through for three minutes, then remove from heat.
- Use the two disks of potato bread like a sandwich and place the apple mixture into the middle.
- Preheat a skillet pan with two tablespoons of oil and place the potato bread sandwich in it and cook for three minutes each side and serve straight away.
Conversion Notes[edit | edit source]
- Weight conversions from USDA National Nutrient Database. Original recipe text and ingredient order preserved, but grouped and titled per procedure section. Flour presumed as all purpose. "Pinch" defined as 1/16 teaspoon.
- Important: this series of percentages is based on potato weight, instead of flour weight. This means it is not following the strict definition of baker's percentages, but instead a looser definition of analogous to baker's percentages.