Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
- 1 cup peeled chopped apple
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 2 1/2 quarts (2.5 liters) peanut or canola oil
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Give the apple, sugar, eggs, butter, and salt a run in the food processor until a thick paste is formed. Roll into 3-inch balls.
- Dredge balls in flour. Set aside for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F (190C). Add paste balls and cook until golden brown and heated through. Drain on a cooling rack and dust with powdered sugar before serving.