Cookbook:Apple Bundt Cake
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Apple Bundt Cake|
Apple Bundt Cake - This very easy to make cake requires no fancy frosting or filling and is delicious for serving at breakfast, tea time or even as a birthday cake with a chocolate or fruit glaze covering.
- 2 cups sugar
- Rind of 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 large tart apples, grated
- ½ cup raisins
- Mix quickly in the food processor the sugar and lemon rind.
- Add eggs and blend until it becomes a nice cream.
- Continue blending while slowly adding the oil.
- Blend until well mixed and add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients all together (flour, allspice, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon).
- Mix the dry ingredients slowly into the batter blending until it becomes a nice thick cream.
- Add grated apples and blend quickly into batter just to mix. Be sure not to overblend and shred the apples too much.
- Add raisins and pulse the processor as to just mix them in and not shred them.
- Bake for 55 minutes at approximately 320°F (160°C) or until sticking a knife into center comes out clean.