|Apple Brown Betty
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Breakfast cuisine | Vegetarian cuisine | bread | dessert
Apple Brown Betty
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sauté bread crumbs in butter.
- Add apples, cinnamon. sugar, and water.
- If the skillet is oven-proof, cover and place in the oven. If the skillet is not oven-proof, transfer to a greased casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until apples are tender.
- If mixture becomes too dry during baking, add another ¼ cup of water. (Apples vary as to moisture content.)
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Serve with milk or whipped cream.
- If cooking in a Dutch oven, preheat with 15 charcoal briquettes, ⅓ on the bottom, and ⅔ on the top.