Cookbook:Agnolotti Pasta Soup (Agnolotti in Brodo)
|Agnolotti Pasta Soup (Agnolotti in Brodo)|
|Category||Very Easy recipes|
Agnolotti in Brodo is a very simple and delicious Italian pasta soup containing agnolotti, small ravioli filled most commonly with meat. This soup is delicious on a cold day when you haven't much time to devote to preparing a tasty meal. It is best served with some homemade garlic bread and a healthy salad.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 250 grams (8-9 ounces) of agnolotti or other small ravioli-type pasta
- ½ litre (2 cups) of chicken broth (canned or homemade) or ½ litre of water and 2 good-quality chicken stock cubes
- ½ cup of single (light) cream
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper (as much as can be held between finger and thumb)
- A handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- A dash (you decide how big or small) of sweet sherry
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano) for garnish
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Bring the chicken broth to a rolling boil. If using water and chicken stock cubes, bring the water to a boil, add the stock cubes and let dissolve.
- Add the agnolotti and cook according to the instructions on the package.
- Add the cream, freshly-ground black pepper, and chopped parsley about 2 minutes before the end of the cooking, and turn down the heat.
- Add the dash of sherry just before serving. If serving to children, dish out their portions first, then add the sherry for the grown-ups.
Let stand for a few minutes to marry the flavors, then serve, sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese...and enjoy.