Cookbook:1-2 Chocolate Cake
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|1-2 Chocolate Cake|
|Servings||Unknown serving amount|
1-2 Chocolate Cake is a simple, fairly easy chocolate cake recipe.
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 ounces (55 g) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar (or ½ cup)
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups (300 g) whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (180 ml) water
- ¾ cup (180 g) semi-sweet chocolate pieces (such as chocolate chips)
- ½ cup (120 g) chopped nuts
- (Optional: 4 ounces (115 g) cream cheese or sour cream)
- Put the oil and chocolate in an 8 in (20 cm) square pan and set it in 350 °F (180 °C) oven just until the chocolate melts. (Add sour cream or cream cheese if desired.)
- Add remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips and nuts, to the pan.
- Beat with a fork until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Scrape the sides of the pan, and spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Optionally, cut the chocolate chips and nuts into the batter to some extent.
- Bake at 350 °F (180 °C) for 30 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan; eat hot or cooled.