Adventist Adventurer Awards/Listening
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Memorize and explain 2 of the following listening Bible verses:
a. James 1:19
b. Jeremiah 29:11-12
c. Jeremiah 13:15
d. Proverbs 1:8
e. Isaiah 59:1
Tell one of the following listening Bible Stories.
a. Samuel listening – 1 Samuel 3
b. Jesus listening – Luke 2:41-49
Learn the following principals of listening:
- Listen to God.
- Be always ready to listen. “My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.” James 1:10
- Be patient. Listening takes time, but the reward far exceeds the investment.
- Be obedient. Listen and respond the first time instruction is given.
- Be kind. Listening is a gift, so be the first one to lead out in listening. Be a listening role model.
- Be respectful. Listen to others and let them finish their story, before you talk.
- Be attentive. Pay attention while others are speaking.
Make a craft that relates to listening.
Play a listening game.