Adventist Adventurer Awards/Cooking Fun
- 1 Name the Food Groups.
- 2 Describe a complete, balanced daily menu.
- 3 OR Compose a complete dinner menu.
- 4 Help prepare, serve, and clean up a four-course dinner.
- 5 Make two different kinds of sandwiches.
- 6 Prepare two different salads.
- 7 Help to prepare and pack a picnic lunch.
Name the Food Groups.
Apples, Apricots, Bananas, Cherries, Grapefruit, Grapes, Kiwi fruit, Lemons, Mangoes, Nectarines, Oranges, Peaches, Pears, Papaya, Pineapple, Plums, Prunes, Raisins, Tangerines, etc
lettuce, potatoes, yuca root,Red & carrots, Beans, peas, etc.
Whole-wheat flour, bulgur (cracked wheat), oatmeal, whole cornmeal, brown rice,etc.
beef, lamb, veal, chicken, fish, turkey, eggs, beans, peas, and nuts.
Milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, puddings.
Oil, nuts, avocado
Collect pictures from each of these food groups.
Use your pictures to make a collage or poster to be displayed at your club, school or church.
- 3/4 cup oatmeal, cooked
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- to taste sugar
- 1 T raisins
- 1 small banana (or 1/2 lg)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 slice ea lettuce, tomato
- 2 ounces chicken breast
- 2 t whipped salad dressing
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 pinto beans
- 1 piece cornbread (2”x2”x2”)
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 1/2 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1 T tub margarine (LF)
- 17 grapes
Help prepare, serve, and clean up a four-course dinner.
Make two different kinds of sandwiches.
Prepare two different salads.
Help to prepare and pack a picnic lunch.
Include foods from the six food groups.