- Wikibooks is a Wikimedia project that was started on July 10, 2003 with the mission to create a free collection of open-content textbooks that anyone can edit.
- Since our founding, volunteers have written about 79,236 modules in a multitude of textbooks.
- The central place to ask questions or discuss ideas is the Staff Lounge (this is the equivalent to Wikipedia's Village Pump.
What to do
- Wikipedians may wish to read our primer before getting started). See also the mailing list.
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, play around in the sandbox, have fun, and good luck!
Some Featured Books
is an ancient strategy game for two players. In this book, not only will you learn to play chess, but you will also master it. This book is great for beginners, but also for anyone else interested in chess - even a chess master.
Introduction to Sociology
: The first section of this book covers the foundations of sociology, including an introduction to the discipline, the methods of study, and some of the dominant theoretical perspectives. The remaining chapters focus on the different areas of study in sociology.
Children can explore all the wild letters with their animal pals in Animal Alphabet