- Wikibooks is a Wikimedia project that was started on July 10, 2003 with the mission to create a free collection of open-content textbooks that anyone can edit.
- Since our founding, volunteers have written about 95,225 modules in a multitude of textbooks.
- The central place to ask questions or discuss ideas is the Staff Lounge (this is the equivalent to Wikipedia's Village Pump.
What to do
- Wikipedians may wish to read our primer before getting started). See also the mailing list.
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, play around in the sandbox, have fun, and good luck!
Some Featured Books
is a two-player 8-by-8 board game with simple rules, but a very large selection of moves. Most Arimaa positions defy precise calculation, and the game's creator hoped it would prove easier for humans than for computers. In 2015, however, a bot defeated three top human players, winning the Arimaa Challenge.
High School Mathematics Extensions
is aimed at, but not limited to, 14 to 18 year olds who are interested in mathematics in general. Several interesting topics not covered in the standard high school curriculum are introduced in this text.
, or stammering, is a developmental disorder with several possible causes, and a range of treatments. The Stuttering book is part of a series on Speech-Language Pathology