||A Wikibookian suggests this book be renamed to Live distro and Full Linux Install.
Please review any relevant discussion. If you need any assistance, you can ask for help in the assistance reading room.
Development has now ceased, as announced to the community on Feb 05, 2012, although the latest stable release should still work effectively on a wide range of hardware. Puredyne is a Linux distribution specialised for real-time audio and video art. It has lots of tools for generation and streaming built right in, runs well on old or low-spec hardware, and can run live from a CD/DVD or a USB stick! (More about Puredyne at Wikipedia.) This is The Puredyne Book - whether you're just getting started, developing a specific project using Puredyne, or remixing it to make your own custom operating system, this book will help you find your way.
Table of contents
- System Requirements
- QuickStart (downloading and burning to booting)
- Getting Puredyne
- Burning and Booting the live CD or DVD
- Creating a live USB stick
- Booting a live USB stick
- Live distro - run it from CD/DVD/USB without overwriting anything on your hard drive!
- Running Puredyne live system from Hard Disk
- Installing a full Puredyne system onto Hard Disk
- Using the Puredyne Repository - access Puredyne goodness from a standard Ubuntu install
- Installing Puredyne on a mac
- Wireless - some notes on wi-fi
- Video Cards
- Sound Configuration
- Mouse Pointer
- Printer Setup
- Date and Timezone
- DPI Configuration (font sizes)
- Color Calibration
Getting started with...
Making a custom operating system: