Development has now ceased, as announced to the community on Feb 05, 2012, although the latest stable release should still work effectively on a wide range of hardware. Puredyne is a Linux distribution specialised for real-time audio and video art. It has lots of tools for generation and streaming built right in, runs well on old or low-spec hardware, and can run live from a CD/DVD or a USB stick! (More about Puredyne at Wikipedia.) This is The Puredyne Book - whether you're just getting started, developing a specific project using Puredyne, or remixing it to make your own custom operating system, this book will help you find your way.
Table of contents
- System Requirements
- QuickStart (downloading and burning to booting)
- Getting Puredyne
- Burning and Booting the live CD or DVD
- Creating a live USB stick
- Booting a live USB stick
- Live distro - run it from CD/DVD/USB without overwriting anything on your hard drive!
- Running Puredyne live system from Hard Disk
- Installing a full Puredyne system onto Hard Disk
- Using the Puredyne Repository - access Puredyne goodness from a standard Ubuntu install
- Installing Puredyne on a mac
- Wireless - some notes on wi-fi
- Video Cards
- Sound Configuration
- Mouse Pointer
- Printer Setup
- Date and Timezone
- DPI Configuration (font sizes)
- Color Calibration
Getting started with...
Making a custom operating system: