The import dialog is a standard "file open" dialog. It can be invoked via Files/Import or Ctrl-I.
Multiple files can be chosen to be imported in a row. GENtle will automatically try to determine the file type, but also a file type can be chosen manually.
Supported formats include:
- GenBank XML
- ABI/AB1 (popular sequencer output format)
- PDB (a 3D format, import as annotated sequence)
- Clone (old DOS program, proprietary format)
- Numerous other sequence formats that will be imported as "sequence only", without annnotations, features etc.
- Comma-separated values (CSV) from various machines (HPLC/FPLC/photometer) for graphs and plots