Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Seafood
Xató is a typical Catalan dish.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Dish[edit | edit source]
- 2 pieces curly endives
- 12 pieces anchovies
- 100 g salty tuna
- 100 g salty ripped cod
- 100 g arbequine olives
Sauce[edit | edit source]
- 100 g toasted almonds
- 60 g toasted hazelnuts
- 2 pieces cured anchovies
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 pieces scalded nyores
- ½ piece chili pepper (optional)
- 2–3 slices fried or toasted bread
- Olive Oil
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a mortar, crush the following ingredients for the sauce: the almonds, the hazelnuts, the anchovies from which salt has been removed, the garlic cloves, the nyores pulp, the chili (optional), the salt, the fried bread slices (you can soak them in vinegar or put the vinegar separately), vinegar, and salt.
- Mix the result with olive oil.
- Wash and soak the curly endives in water.
- Take the salt off the anchovies, the salty tuna, and the cod—rip the last two out—and mix them with the curly endive in a bowl.
- Add the olives.
- Add the sauce.
- Mix it up well, so all the ingredients are impregnated with sauce and serve trying to build up some sort of curly endive castle (château).