Cookbook:Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread|
Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread
- Preheat oven to 325°F, 165°C, gasmark 3.
- Use cooking spray or grease and then lightly flour a 9x5x3 inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Form a cavity in the middle.
- Pour in the buttermilk.
- Mix until just moistened. Too much mixing will make it tough.
- Gently shape the dough to fit pan.
- Cut the top at least three times with a knife.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Wrap in tea-towel or foil several hours or overnight for best flavor.