Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2½ cups (approx 625 ml) warm water
- 1 packet dry (2 1/4 teaspoons) yeast
- 1 oz (30 g) sugar or honey
- 2 lb (1 kg) flour
- 1 pinch salt
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Put half of the water into a container, add yeast and either sugar or honey.
- Take another container and put in 2 pounds(1 kg) of flour. Form a crater in the middle into which you can pour the water with the yeast. Add a pinch of salt. Knead it and keep adding water until the dough has a good thick consistency.
- Place the dough on a surface and let it stand for about 1 hour. Knead again to let the air out and knead it into the shape of a bread. Let it stand for another 45 minutes.
- Bake in an oven at 375°F (200 °C) for 50-60 minutes or until the internal temperature is about 200°F(95 °C).
- Now you have a nice, tasty loaf of bread.
Tips[edit | edit source]
If your bread seems crumbly or not sufficiently soft and bouncy, try using high gluten flour. You can get special bread making flour which is higher in gluten than normal flour.