Cookbook:Wakeup Sausage Casserole
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Wakeup Sausage Casserole|
|Time||Prep: 30 minutes prep|
Cooking: 45 minutes
Total: 1½ hours
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, tops only, sliced
- 24 ounces evaporated milk (or substitute 3 cups of milk)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- 1 pound hot bulk pork sausage, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 8 cups (8–10 slices) ½-inch cubed French or Italian bread (ideally a day old or a little stale)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to .
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Place bread cubes in the pan evenly.
- Combine eggs, garlic powder, green onion tops, evaporated milk, onion powder, and mustard.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Crumble sausage over the mixture evenly.
- Add cheese and peppers, if desired, over the top.
- If preparing ahead, cover and refrigerate.
- Bake until set, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- It may be better to use 10 eggs and 2.5 cups of milk, depending on the consistency you want out of the dish.