Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1½ cups yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon dill (sub. ¼ tablespoon of tarragon if no dill available)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice (optional, usually not used)
- 2 small cucumbers, diced
- Salt, to dry cucumber
- white pepper, to taste (optional, usually not used)
- salt, to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Drain yogurt in a sieve or a cheesecloth for about 3 hours prior to using it, along with draining the cucumber and salting it to further remove moisture.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice in a bowl and cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
- After refrigerating, add dill and cucumber into bowl and mix with a whip until smooth.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
Great over gyros, pitas, salads, lamb, as a dip, or for anything you'd like a cool tasty sauce on.