Cookbook:Twice-Baked Potatoes I
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Twice-Baked Potatoes)
|Twice-Baked Potatoes I|
|Servings||5 or 6 persons|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Vegetarian Cuisine | Cheese | Vegetables
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- Vegetable oil to rub on potato skins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup milk (or less)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 bell pepper (optional), chopped
- Green onions (optional), chopped
- Bacon (optional), chopped
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rub potato skins with vegetable oil to ensure crispness.
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour until done.
- Carefully remove potatoes from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp with a small spoon, leaving only a potato shell.
- Mash potato pulp with a fork until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients until well combined. It is better if the mixture is a bit stiff, rather than entirely wet. Adjust the amount of milk accordingly.
- Spoon (or pipe) the mixture into the empty potato shells.
- If desired, top the potatoes with bell pepper, onions, and/or bacon.
- Increase oven setting to broil.
- Broil potatoes 10 or 15 minutes until spotty brown and crisp.