Cookbook:Traditional Tuna Casserole
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Traditional Tuna Casserole|
Traditional tuna casserole is a simple, quick-to-make meal, mentioned by Garrison Keillor on A Prairie Home Companion.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1–2 cans (12 ounces / 300 g) tuna
- 1 cup (240 g) uncooked macaroni, or other short pasta
- 1 can of peas
- 1 can of mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- ⅛ cup (30 ml) milk
- 1 can (10.75 ounces / 305 g) cream of mushroom or cheddar cheese soup
- Several slices of cheese
Procedure[edit | edit source]
Variation I – Oven[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350–400°F (180–200°C).
- Mix all ingredients, except cheese slices, in a large casserole dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring 2 or 3 times.
- When macaroni is tender, cover top with cheese slices, and return to oven for 5 minutes to melt.
Variation II – Skillet[edit | edit source]
- Assemble all ingredients, except sliced cheese, in large skillet with 1–1½ cups (240–360 ml) hot water.
- Bring to boil, and simmer 15 minutes, frequently stirring.
- Melt cheese on top before serving.