Cookbook:Tofu Tamale Pie
|Tofu Tamale Pie|
Tofu Tamale Pie
- 4 ounces Tofu, washed, drained well and broken up
- 1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 ounce finely diced onion
- ½ C finely chopped celery
- ½ green pepper, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 8 ounces tomato juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or to taste
- 1 ounce corn meal
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In non-stick skillet, add onion, celery, green pepper.
- Add instant beef bouillon, tomato juice, and cook till vegetables are tender.
- Add tofu, carrot, garlic salt, chili powder.
- Simmer a few more minutes.
- Add corn meal and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a one quart casserole and top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until browned.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Substitute Vegetable Broth in place of Beef Bouillon for vegetarian.
- May add black beans for added protein and flavor.