Cookbook:Tofu Tamale Pie
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Tofu Tamale Pie|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Vegetarian Cuisine | Soybeans
Ingredient[edit | edit source]
- 4 ounces tofu, washed, drained well, and broken up
- 1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 ounce finely-diced onion
- ½ cup finely-chopped celery
- ½ green pepper, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 8 ounces tomato juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or to taste
- 1 ounce corn meal
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In non-stick skillet, add onion, celery, green pepper.
- Add instant beef bouillon, tomato juice, and cook till vegetables are tender.
- Add tofu, carrot, garlic salt, chili powder.
- Simmer a few more minutes.
- Add corn meal and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a one quart casserole and top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until browned.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Substitute vegetable broth in place of beef bouillon to make it vegetarian.
- May add black beans for added protein and flavor.