Cookbook:Thin Fish Fillets
|Thin Fish Fillets|
Thin Fish Fillets
- 4 (6-ounce) flounder or other flat fish fillets
- Olive Oil
- ½ cup dry vermouth
- 2 Tablespoon (¼ stick) unsalted butter, softened
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lemon wedges
- At least 20 minutes before you plan to cook, preheat broiler.
- Lightly oil bottom of a 9- by 13-inch ovenproof dish.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer in the dish.
- Pour in vermouth, using only enough to be about ½ inch deep.
- Put pan under broiler and broil the fish as close to the heat as possible for about 2 minutes.
- Remove and quickly spread softened butter over the fillets.
- Return the pan to the broiler and cook for about 5 minutes more, until fish is just cooked through.
- Remove fish from the broiler.
- Salt and pepper each fillet and serve it with lemon wedges.