Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2–3 tbsp Thai chili paste
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ red bell pepper, julienned
- ¼ green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Hot cooked rice or noodles (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine soy sauce, chili paste, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, sesame oil and broth. Set aside.
- Preheat a large sauté pan or wok over high heat. Add peanut oil and shrimp and stir-fry until shrimp is pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add bell pepper and garlic and stir-fry until bell pepper has taken on slight browning. Remove and keep warm.
- Add liquid mixture to pan and bring to a boil. Cook until liquid has reduced to ¼ cup.
- Add shrimp and vegetables back to pan and toss. Heat through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately over rice or noodles.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- If you're serving this to somebody with a peanut allergy, don't be worried. The allergens are in the protein part, not the fat part. However, steer clear of these peanut oils: Cold press and organic, which we wouldn't use anyways, because they have too low of a smoke point.