Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 ea. (24 ounces) wild salmon filets with skin, pin bones removed
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 Thai bird chiles, stemmed
- Sesame oil
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- A kettle grill
- A large chimney starter
- Natural chunk or hardwood lump charcoal
- A kitchen towel tied into a roll and soaked in vegetable oil
- Gallon-size resealable plastic bags
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine all ingredients except salmon in a blender until smooth. Pour into a plastic bag and add salmon. Toss to coat, seal, removing as much air as possible, and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Remove salmon from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Brush all sides with oil.
- Preheat 4 ½ pounds charcoal in starter. Once hot, disperse evenly around bottom of grill. Reapply grate and once hot, swab with towel.
- Add salmon to hottest part of grill skin side up, and cook 3–5 minutes per side for medium, rotating 90 degrees halfway to mark.
- Remove to a plate and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.