From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Tapenade is a traditional provencale paste of olives, anchovies and capers. Although some versions exclude the capers, the word tapenade has its origins in the provencale tapena (caper).
- 6 anchovies
- 1 Tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (240 ml) pitted black olives
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Blend the anchovies, capers and olives.
- For this a blender is better than the traditional mortar and pestle.
- Add a few Tablespoons olive oil until smooth.