Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 20 corn tortillas, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- Hazelnut Chocolate Dipping Sauce (recipe below)
- Place milk, eggs, salt, and sugar with the tortillas in a food processor and pulse until chunky paste is achieved.
- Move to a mixing bowl and stir in the butter. Work fast to prevent melting.
- Pour oil into a 6-quart Dutch oven and heat to 375 degrees F.
- Roll tortilla mixture into 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch balls. Fry, 6-8 at a time, until crisp and golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain on a cooling rack set above a sheet pan and let cool 1-2 minutes. Serve warm with Hazelnut Chocolate Dipping Sauce.
Hazelnut Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup hazelnut-flavored syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 tbs pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whipping cream, beaten to soft peaks
- Combine syrups and vanilla. Gently fold in cream. Refrigerate until needed.