- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings or vegetable oil
- 3-4 pounds of beef chunks
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons dry mustard
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- ¾ cup water
- 2-3 bottles chili sauce
- dash of tobacco (optional)
Also: requires a slow cooker
- Add the bacon drippings/vegetable oil to a skillet. Heat on high. Add the beef to the skillet, browning the meat on all sides. Do not cook completely through. Transfer meat to the slow cooker.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Fry the onions until they begin to become transparent.
- Combine all the ingredients except the meat in the skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Stir together.
- Cook on low for 2 ½ - 3 ½ hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and honey carrots.