Cookbook:Struffoli (Neapolitan Honey Fried Dough)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Struffoli)
|Struffoli (Neapolitan Honey Fried Dough)|
Struffoli is a fried Neapolitan dessert.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Dough[edit | edit source]
- 6 eggs
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup dry sherry
- Shortening or oil for deep frying
Glaze[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine eggs, oil, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar, and sherry. Mix in enough flour to make a dough. The dough should be somewhat sticky but still workable.
- Shape dough into small balls, about ½ inch in diameter.
- Heat the shortening or oil to 350–375°F. Deep fry the dough balls until golden brown and cooked through.
- Mix all the glaze ingredients over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Dip each fritter into the glaze, and remove.