Jump to navigation Jump to search
This version of strudel uses filo pastry to create the thin sheets. Serve warm with ice cream.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 fresh apples, preferably red
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- Filo pastry sheets
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Peel, core, and cube apples.
- Combine apples, cinnamon, and sugar. Mix well.
- Generously brush filo pastry sheets with butter.
- Spread apple mixture over pastry sheet.
- Alternate with two layers of filo pastry for every layer of apple mixture.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- For more tartness, substitute for 3 red apples and 1 green apple.