Cookbook:Strip Steaks with Pepper Cream Reduction
Great on a steak or over pasta.
- 2 (6-8 ounce, 1 inch thick) New York strip steaks
- 1 Tbs cracked black peppercorns, divided
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil (not extra-virgin)
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Season each steak with salt and a pinch of cracked pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- Melt butter with olive oil in a stainless steel skillet (don't even think of using nonstick) over medium high heat.
- Add steaks and cook 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare, 6-7 minutes for medium, and 8-9 minutes for toast.
- Remove steaks from pan and keep warm.
- Pour out pan drippings but do not scrape browned bits off. Deglaze pan with broth and bring to a boil over high heat until reduced by 2/3.
- Add remaining ingredients and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to a 1/2 cup.
- Drizzle sauce over steaks and serve warm.