From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 pound (3.5 C) powdered sugar, sifted
- 4.5 eggs, beat until light-colored and almost dry
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 pound flour (3–4 C)
- Anise seeds, crushed.
- Sift sugar. Beat eggs (this takes a long time; an electric mixer is recommended). Add the sugar to the eggs, then work in the flour. The dough is very delicate.
- Grease several cookie sheets and scatter generously with crushed anise seeds.
- Roll the dough gently and carefully imprint with springerle mold. Cut into pieces and transfer to baking sheets. Allow to dry overnight.
- Bake at 250°F (120°C) for 25 to 30 minutes.