Cookbook:Spicy Corn Bread
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Spicy Corn Bread|
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 tsp-¼ cup chopped jalapeños, to taste.
- ¼ cup sugar optional
- ½ of a 15 ounce can whole corn, drained optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease an 8 inch baking pan.
- Combine corn meal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg, sugar, and shortening.
- Beat until fairly smooth; about a minute.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If corn added to batter, increase time ~50%
- Serve hot!