Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 750 g spelt flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 sachet (7 g) dried yeast
- 2 ½ Tbsp (40 ml) olive oil
- 500 ml lukewarm water
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar and yeast.
- To the dry ingredients add the oil and enough water to make a firm dough.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes.
- Place in a greased 1 kg loaf tin , cover and leave it in a warm place until double in size.
- Uncover and bake in a preheated oven, at 200°C, for about 35 minutes.
Tips and Variations[edit | edit source]
- It is cooked when it makes a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom.
- If shaped into a round and placed on a greased baking tray, you can make a country style loaf.