Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pasta tossed with spices and vegetables from the Southwest United States.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 12 oz seashell (or other) pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1 ½ tbsp taco seasoning mix
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a large pot bring 1 quart of lightly-salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until pasta is al dente; drain water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook onions and bell pepper in oil until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn, beans, tomatoes, salsa, olives, taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook until thoroughly heated, about 5 minutes.
- Toss heated vegetables into pasta, mix well and serve.
- Serve warm or cold.