Pasta tossed with spices and vegetables from the Southwest United States.
- 12 ounces seashell (or other) pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot bring 1 quart of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until pasta is al dente; drain water.
- While pasta is cooking, over medium heat, heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Cook onions and bell pepper in oil until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn, beans, tomatoes, salsa, olives, taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook until thoroughly heated, about 5 minutes.
- Toss heated vegetables into pasta, mix well and serve.
- Can be served warm or cold.