Cookbook:Southern Fried Chicken Sliders
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Southern Fried Chicken Sliders|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 ea. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Poultry shake
- Melted butter
- 6 ea. 1-inch buns, split in half
- 2 ½ quarts peanut oil
- Freshly-ground black pepper
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Brush cut sides of buns with melted butter, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toast cut side down in a hot pan. Set aside.
- Coat chicken with melted butter. Season liberally with poultry shake and dredge in cornmeal. Let rest 2–3 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350°F. Add chicken breasts and fry, 1 at a time, about 10 minutes. Drain on a cooling rack.
- Cut chicken into portions that fit the buns. Place 1 chicken piece on each bottom half of a bun and top with the other half. Serve warm.