Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Time||prep: 10 minutes |
cooking: 20 minutes
Sloppy joes are loosemeat sandwiches that have roots in the cuisine of the Midwestern United States.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 pound (450 g) ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ¼ cup chopped onion (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Brown the ground beef, onions, and peppers in skillet on medium heat.
- Drain the liquid from the mixture.
- Place the ground beef back on the skillet.
- While on medium heat mix in the ketchup, barbecue sauce, garlic powder, and chili powder in any order.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over sliced, toasted hamburger buns.