Cookbook:Meatless Sloppy Joes
|Meatless Sloppy Joes|
|Time||30 minutes, including prep time|
This recipe is a great choice for a Meatless Monday, yet still lets you convince the kids that it's a Sloppy Joe!
I serve the finished product on whole-wheat hamburger buns.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 can of chili beans, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice (I use the instant boil-in-a-bag version)
- 1/4 cup hickory-smoked barbecue sauce, more or less based on your preference
- Add olive oil to pan and heat on medium-high
- Add onions, bell pepper, and carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add rice, chili beans, and barbecue sauce and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently to heat thoroughly