Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Pasta
Skillet lasagna is a lasagne-style casserole that tastes just like real lasagne, but is ready a lot faster.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 pound (450 g) lean ground beef
- 1 jar (26 oz/740 g) pasta sauce
- 1 cup (125 g/4.4 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml/8.5 oz) water
- ⅓ cup (80 ml/2.7 US fl oz) Italian salad dressing
- 10 uncooked lasagne noodles, broken into squares
- 1 clove garlic
Procedure[edit | edit source]
Preparing the noodles[edit | edit source]
- Boil one clove of garlic in a saucepan of water.
- Add noodles and cook until tender.
Preparing the Meat[edit | edit source]
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in heavy skillet. Drain grease.
- Add pasta sauce, water, dressing, and bell pepper.
- Stir until well combined and bell pepper is tender.
- Cover and let simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles and add to meat. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and let stand under low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir well, then turn off heat and let cool.