Cookbook:Six Layer Casserole
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Six Layer Casserole|
|Time||2 hours 20 minutes|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Meat Recipes | Midwestern U.S. cuisine
Six layer casserole is a great recipe for when friends are visiting. The preparation can all be done hours in advance.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup carrots diced
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup raw rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10 oz canned tomato soup (you may also use homemade tomato sauce)
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Spread layers of raw vegetables and rice in a 9x9-inch baking dish in the order mentioned above and crumble raw hamburger on the top.
- Mix the soup and water and pour over all.
- Add salt and pepper on top.
- Bake about 1.5–2 hours at 350°F.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- After dishing some of the casserole to your plate, spread ketchup over the top. It may sound odd but it tastes great.
- If you double the recipe, use a tall 9x13-inch baking dish and bake it a little longer.