Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Shrewsbury cake is a British dessert. The cakes are often served multiple at a time.
Ingredients/Things you'll need
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 white egg
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 cookie sheets
- 2 oven mitts
- Cooling rack
- Baking spray/a little extra butter
- Knife (possibly)
- Large mixing bowl
- Microwave (possibly)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Take the stick of butter, if hard, insert in microwave for 15 to 25 seconds. Do not completely melt!
- Place butter in mixing bowl along with sugar, mix until butter is fluffy.
- Break the egg into the mixture, stir it in completely.
- Add the nutmeg and flour to the mixture, stir in completely.
- Spray or butter the cookie sheets.
- Place teaspoons of the batter onto the cookie sheets about two inches apart.
- Place in the oven and bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Take the cakes out of the oven, if the cakes have stuck together, use a knife to cut them apart.
- Use spatula to place the cakes onto the plate.