Cookbook:Sharbat bil Loz
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Sharbat bil Loz|
Sharbat bil loz is an Iranian beverage.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 cups blanched almonds
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups sugar (optional, it is healthier without sugar)
- ¼ cup orange blossom water (or rosewater)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Grind the almonds finely in blender.
- Add the water and continue to grind.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve lined with cheesecloth, reserving the liquid.
- When drained, squeeze the remaining pulp to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the pulp.
- Pour into a heavy saucepan, then stir in the sugar (optional).
- Boil, stirring constantly, then lower the heat and simmer very gently for 5–10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the orange flower water, and let the syrup cool.
- To serve, pour ¼ cup of syrup into a glass, add ice water, and stir well.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Instead of throwing away the almond pulp, you can mix it into almond agar jelly.