Cookbook:Sharbat bil Loz
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Sharbat bil Loz|
(Iran - Sharbat bil Loz)
- 4 cups blanched almonds
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups sugar- optional, it is healthier without sugar
- 1/4 cup orange blossom water (or rosewater)
- Grind the almonds finely in blender.
- Add the water and continue to grind.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve lined with cheesecloth.
- When drained, squeeze the remaining pulp to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the pulp.
- Pour into a heavy saucepan, then stir in the sugar (optional).
- Boil, stirring constantly, then lower the heat and simmer very gently for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the orange flower water, and let the syrup cool.
To serve, pour 1/4 cup of syrup into a glass, add ice water and stir well.
Instead of throwing away the almond pulp, you can mix it into almond agar jelly.