Cookbook:Seared Chicken Breast with Brandy Cream Sauce
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 2 (6-8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Brush chicken with olive oil on both sides. Season both sides liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a 10 inch cast iron skillet over high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until well browned on both sides.
- Insert a probe thermometer into one of the chicken pieces. Place pan in the middle of a 375 degree oven until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Place pan back on high heat. Turn off heat and deglaze pan with brandy. Carefully ignite and shake pan until flames die.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until liquid has reduced by 2/3.
- Whisk in cream and bring to a boil. Cook 8-10 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts and toss to coat. Serve warm.