Cookbook:Sausage-Egg Breakfast Dish
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Sausage-Egg Breakfast Dish|
|Servings||6 to 8|
|Time||3 hours altogether|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 (16-ounce) package of sage-flavored sausage
- Pinch of pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- 4 cups cubed stale bread
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Brown sausage and sprinkle with pepper.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Let sausage cool.
- Beat eggs and add milk.
- Fold in cubes of stale bread, cheese, and cooled sausage.
- Pour into and 8 by 8 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour (or freeze for later).
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool and cut into squares.