Cookbook:Sambal Tempoyak (Anchovies with Fermented Durian Chili Paste)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Sambal Tempoyak (Anchovies with Fermented Durian Chili Paste)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 100 g ikan bilis (dried anchovies)
- 3 tbsp tempoyak
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 10 bird's eye chillis (chilli padi)
- 2 tbsp chilli paste
- 2 cm piece fresh turmeric root
- 10 petai seeds, skin removed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 stalks lemon grass, smashed
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Remove heads and entrails from ikan bilis. Wash and soak for 10 minutes. Deep-fry until crisp.
- Combine 2 tbsp of tempoyak, coconut milk, salt, chilis, chili paste, turmeric root, and petai seeds. Grind to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir-fry the sambal paste with lemon grass until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the rest of tempoyak and boil gently over low heat until gravy is thickened.
- Add salt to taste. Serve with crisp ikan bilis, petai and rice.