Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 100g ikan bilis (dried anchovies)
- 3 tablespoon tempoyak
- 2 tablespoon oil
- A pinch of salt
- 10 bird's eye chillis (chilli padi)
- 2 tablespoon chilli paste
- 2cm piece fresh turmeric root
- 2 stalks lemon grass, smashed
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk
- 10 pieces petai (Parkia speciosa) seeds, skin removed
- Remove heads and entrails from ikan bilis. Wash and soak for 10 minutes. Deep-fry until it becomes crisp.
- Blend 2 tablespoon of tempoyak and coconut milk together with the sambal ingredients.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir-fry the sambal ingredients and lemon grass until it becomes fragrant. Add the rest of tempoyak and boil gently over low heat until gravy is thickened.
- Add salt to taste. Serve with crisp ikan bilis, petai and rice.