Cookbook:Saffron Sweet Rice
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1½ cup rice (we prefer basmati over plain)
- 1 tsp salt
- large scoop (⅛ tsp) saffron (expensive but worth it!)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup raisins (or currants)
- ¼-½ cup slivered almonds (toasted if you prefer)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Wash rice and add enough water cover rice with water equal to the depth of the rice.
- Add salt, saffron, sugar & raisins.
- Cook over high heat until water disappears and steam is rising from holes in the surface of the rice.
- Reduce heat to warm.
- Add almonds.
- Cover tightly and let stand for 20 minutes.