Cookbook:Rocky Road Confectionery I
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Rocky Road Confectionery I|
|Yield||64 (1-inch) pieces|
|Time||Prep: 5 minutes|
Cooking: 5 minutes
Rocky road is a type of confectionery commonly made in Australia. It is made from chunks of marshmallow in a matrix of chocolate. Common optional ingredients include peanuts and blobs of chewy, coloured gelatine-based sweets, similar to jubes.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 12 oz chocolate morsels
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cup mini marshmallows
- ¾ cup walnut meats, shelled and chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Measure all ingredients.
- Butter an 8x8x2-inch square pan. Reserve.
- Place chocolate morsels, milk and butter into a heavy-bottomed pot. Set heat control dial at 350°F (175°C).
- Begin stirring immediately. Stir constantly until chocolate is melted and milk and butter are incorporated. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
Note, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- For easy clean-up, fill pot half full with water, bring to a rolling boil and then rinse.