Cookbook:Rocky Road Confectionery
|Rocky Road Confectionery|
|Servings||64 (1 inch) pieces|
|Time||prep: 5 minutes
cook: 5 minutes
Rocky road is a type of confectionery commonly made in Australia. It is made from chunks of marshmallow in a matrix of chocolate. Common optional ingredients include peanuts and blobs of chewy, coloured gelatine-based sweets, similar to jubes.
- 12 oz chocolate
- 2 tb milk
- 2 tb butter
- 3 c marshmallows (mini)
- ¾ c walnut meats; chopped and shelled
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- Measure all ingredients.
- Butter an 8*8*2-inch square pan. Reserve.
- Place chocolate morsels, milk and butter into wok. Set heat control dial at 350°F (175°C).
- Begin stirring immediately. Stir constantly until chocolate is melted and milk and butter are incorporated. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Turn heat control dial to mixture into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
Note, tips, and variations
- For easy clean-up, fill wok half full with water, bring to a rolling boil and then rinse.