Cookbook:Ravioli/Crab Meat Filling
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Tbs. butter
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup celery, finely diced
- 9 oz. crab meat, fresh or canned (see note)
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs. heavy cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp. salt (if using fresh crabmeat)
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter over low heat until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Combine crab meat, mustard, cream, egg, lemon juice, parsley, bread crumbs and seasonings in a bowl.
- Add the onion and celery and mix until well blended but not homogeneous.
- Cover and refrigerate until the pasta dough is ready.
- If using canned crab meat, drain in a sieve and taste. If excessively salty, rinse under running water until palatable.