Cookbook:Crab Meat Ravioli Filling
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Crab Meat Ravioli Filling|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup finely-diced onion
- ¼ cup finely-diced celery
- 9 oz crab meat, fresh or canned (see notes)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp salt (if using fresh crabmeat)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter over low heat until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Combine crab meat, mustard, cream, egg, lemon juice, parsley, bread crumbs and seasonings in a bowl.
- Add the onion and celery and mix until well blended but not homogeneous.
- Cover and refrigerate until the pasta dough is ready.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- If using canned crab meat, drain in a sieve and taste. If excessively salty, rinse under running water until palatable.