Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Rasmalai is a very popular Indian milk-based dessert recipe.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 250 g paneer or chenna (curdled milk)
- 2 ½ tbsp refined flour (maida)
- 4 cups sugar
- 10 cups milk
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 4 almonds
- 4 pistachios
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Crumble paneer and knead it.
- Add the 2 tbsp of maida and knead again with the palm to make a smooth dough.
- Divide into sixteen equal portions, roll into balls, and press slightly to flatten them.
- Thinly slice almonds and pistachios. Dissolve 2 cups sugar in 2 cups of water, then bring to a boil.
- Slowly lower the paneer balls in the boiling syrup and cook on high heat for ten minutes. Sprinkle a little water and ½ tbsp of maida and bring to a boil again. Cook for few minutes.
- Meanwhile boil milk in a thick-bottomed pan, lower heat, and continue to boil until it is reduced to a thick consistency (⅓ of its original volume).
- Add the rest of the sugar and the cardamom powder, and keep boiling until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, cool, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Add sliced almonds, pistachios, and orange powder, and mix again.
- Squeeze the chenna balls and put them into the chilled sweetened milk. Refrigerate it for another half an hour. Serve chilled.