Cookbook:Quick and Delicious Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 can pineapple rings
- 8–12 maraschino cherries
- ¼ cup crushed pecans (optional)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan, melt the butter or margarine. Add the light brown sugar, and allow to melt.
- Arrange pineapple slices in the pan, and place a maraschino cherry in each of the holes in the pineapple rings. Sprinkle the crushed pecans over the pineapple slices.
- Prepare the yellow cake mix as printed on the box, replacing some of the water with pineapple juice.
- Pour cake batter over brown sugar and pineapple.
- Bake according to the directions, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Loosen cake around the edges, place a plate or serving tray over the cake, and turn the cake over.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- The Cookbook has other pineapple upside-down cake recipes.